I'm sitting here, second energy drink in hand, trying to focus on a subject that I couldn't care less about. I look back at a class that I have spent 13 weeks in thus far, and I realize that once I leave this class, I will not be using anything that I "learned" in it. I have yet to find a reason to go to the class besides the fact that I need to pass it. I am at college because I want to take certain classes, and this is not one of them.
With two weeks left, I can say that I am ready to leave. I have gained some knowledge from my time up here in Canada, but I am ready to get back to the life that I left behind in Burlington. I am trying to finish everything up with projects and classes in hopes that I won't be stressing out extensively later on this week.
With my birthday coming up in 3 days, I find myself not really excited for it. I will be in classes for most of wednesday, and when im not in calss I will be at Ubisoft getting a tour of the studio. I am excited for the tour, but we are supposed to be going to 3 different studios(A2M, Ubisoft, and EA) in 2 days. These tours will be taking up a lot of time, and I really don't have that much time anyways. I will make it work, but it just sucks that I will have to be compromising homework and presentations to do these events.
The 11th, the day after my birthday, I will be heading to a Rise Against, Thursday, and Sage Francis concert. This concert has been the thing that I have needed for the longest time. I need the release and it couldn't have come at a better time. I will be going so crazy throughout the show just so I can relax when I get out of it and be relaxed through finals week.
In the recent down time that I have had, which isn't much at all, I have returned to my old online home, Barren Realms. The place where I spent a good portion of my younger days has re-entered my life. I have reconnected with some people that I haven't talked to in almost 2 or 3 years. I have decided that during my work as a RA next semester, I will be building an area for the game based off the book "The Book of Three." This area will be used not only as a repayment for all the time and fun i have had in the game, but also as a possible portfolio piece that I can present. Progress will be charted on my gaming blog. I will be updating three blogs next semester, this being one of them. The other two will be my Personal gaming blog, and the other will be a blog for my Production II class. The Production blog will be edited by both myself and Anciello and will follow our...."adventure" through the class.
Thats all for now,
If the sun doesn't rise
We'll replace it with an H-bomb explosion
A painted jail cell of light in the sky
Like three-mile-island nightmares on TVs that sing us to sleep
They burn on and on like an oil field
Or a memory of what it felt like
To burn on and on and not just fade away
All those nights in the basement, the kids are still screaming
On and on and on and ON!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment