Saturday, August 14, 2010

Reinventing

I really do miss talking to you. I can understand that you are so busy with the time off that you do have. I'm happy that you can enjoy the time. I totally understand you on not being able to see friends much this summer. Being in Albany, it's quite a stretch to get to someone that is familiar or someone that I would call a friend. The last couple weekends I have been able to go out and do things though, and it has been nice. First was Ben's birthday, which allowed me to reconnect with a couple people and just relax for once. I also got to go back to Burlington and be there as just another person, not a student. It was definitely a weird experience. After that I spent a bit of time home. It was nice to see my family after almost 3 months of being away.

I am having a bit of a tough time actually getting out and meeting people here in Albany, but hopefully whenever my job starts back up I can start resocializing with people. I can only hope that it allows for that at least.

You say that your job feels repetitive and annoying now. I really think that you could find a job that fulfills you and allows you to be happy every day(well, at least most days) that you go in. Finding new opportunities may be tough at the start, but if you give it a shot, then you truly have nothing to lose. Being able to move on into a career that you have studied for and are clearly ready to move into is the next thing in life. I believe that you can find a position that is where you want to be. And with a new position is a new opportunity to move out onto your own and truly begin the next...adventure I guess you could call it, in your life. While things can honestly seem overwhelming now, or when you are looking to chances to move on to somewhere else, you just have to remember that all it takes is that first step. Moving forward and into the unknown is terrifying, but damn, it sure is exciting.

I know that you are worried about a job that doesn't allow you take time off or do the things that you want to, but I have just finished 3 months at a company as a temporary employee, and they were basically willing to let me take any time off that I wanted/needed off as long as I gave notice of it before hand. These things you can't really worry about until you actually get into the company and see how they are and who they are.

With school starting up here in a couple weeks, I feel a bit awkward knowing that I will not be going back to it. I no longer have homework to do or classes to go to. I am also missing the fact that I will not be returning to a place that I called home and a place where my friends all came together. I'm guessing that's just how it goes though.

I do miss talking to you. If you get a chance in your busy schedule, and I am online, send me a message. Even if it's only a 5 minute conversation, I would love to hear from you.

No comments: