Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Scars of the Past
So, I talked about deleting parts of my past in one of my previous posts. I could not find a better connection to that than the scars of the past that I had tried to forget all over my body. From the random things I have done in my short 21 years here, I have acquired numerous scars. A lot of these have become unnoticeable in every day life but this last weekend I got a gnarly sunburn. The sunburn itself is nothing more than a change in color, no real pain to me, but it did something I didn't expect. The scars became plain as day on my body and I just looked at them in amazement. So much I have gotten rid of, so much that came back all at once. In a couple days the burn will be gone and with it the appearance of the scars. I am glad, in a way, that they are leaving me. Some of them bring back things I would rather have not remembered, and I just don't need the reminder every time I look down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment