Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Goal

Today I had sort of a revelation of sorts. While playing Team Fortress 2 and just dicking around for fun, I was told by a kid that I sounded like I was twenty. I thought about it for a bit, and then realized that this kid thought I was too old to play video games. He, as he said at least, was 12 and was criticizing me for playing games. Now, I could have gotten aggravated about it, but i just sat and thought. I left for a while and now am back writing this, and am still thinking about it. I normally wouldn't care less, but this random comment just seemed to hit me and made me realize that I am where I am, doing what I want to do, and setting my future up for myself. It may sound a little selfish, but I am independent and am making my own decisions in life.

Now, this may not mean much to anyone else, but it strikes me as just another moment in the growing up that I am doing. Had it been two years ago, I would have laughed before completely yelling at the kid until he didn't know what day it was. I know some people have noticed the progression that I have made over the last two years and I myself have noticed it as well. I can only hope that in the final two years that I still have at college, I can grow as much as I already have and can secure a spot for me in this vast area we call the world.

No comments: