Friday, June 20, 2008

I can feel the pressure

I have overwhelming amounts of pressure to succeed from everyone around me, and it seems that people are always expecting me to be someone. For about the last 7 years I have lived with the notion that if you don't like who I am, that's your loss. I am not going to be changing for every single person that I meet just so that I can make everyone in the world happy.

I am me, take it or leave it. The pressure that are coming from all around me are constant, and strenuous, but are sometimes needed. With the pressure comes encouragement though. I know my parents expect me to do well and push me to be the best that I can be, and that is a little daunting. But with it comes the encouragement that I can do it because I have people that believe I can. It's the same with my brother, but I think he has even more stake in it. He, being around the same age, understands things that I do a lot more than my parents, so he can push me to be doing more things constantly. The other pressures are my friends and teammates. I will always be pushed on by others in groups, and this will hopefully allow me to turn out my greatest work. So, the pressure is hard, and I don't really expect it to get any easier, so for now I will allow it to be here, and I will use it to its best potential possible.

I like the person I am now, and I don't regret the person that I was before, but I am glad that I have changed. I don't believe the old me would have made it this far without a heaping amount of trouble.

No comments: