Monday, June 16, 2008

Because I Know I Can

Well, here I am again, at work, boss decided to not come in and never told me, so I'm sitting, hoping that a whole shitload of shipments don't come in/go out. I realize I should be happy with this job because it isn't exactly the hardest thing in the world to do and, well, I have a job that pays me. But still, I'm not exactly content with the work that I do and I'm just hoping that summer ends faster.

Anyways, on to the main point, I have been called stubborn and difficult to deal with at times throughout my life. I've realized lately that the reason for this is because I can't stand being unable to do anything about things. If someone tells me that I can't do something because that's just the way it has to be, I become incredibly frustrated, and even angry. I feel that anything can be changed and anything can be done as long as you know that you can do something about it. I never want to be told "You can't do that." I believe that as long as you can truly, and without doubts, believe in yourself, you can do almost anything you want. Now, this is all in context of course, I'm not saying that if someone tells me that I can't lift a truck, I'm gonna get mad, but if someone tells me that I can't help someone or that I can't help a problem, then I'm going to prove them wrong, not just to prove them wrong, but because it is what I do, and who I am.

1 comment:

Westopher said...

It makes me so happy to read this... seriously... I think this is one of the sole reasons you've done so well thus far and continue to do well. Although there are plenty moments in life that leave us defeated, we can't stay and dwell on the negative. This may sound lame but I totally believe in "believing in your self." Time after time I've been told that I can't do something, and well I go right ahead and do it. Things like that seperate you from everyone else, and will continue to. Belief is a strong feeling, although I'm not saying believe in god or something super natural... but you get what I mean I think.