Weekend, the time where I can attempt to relax and take the time to do what I want to. Not sure what this weekend has in store, but it will probably be nothing special. While talking to some friends at lunch today they brought up my game that I had designed for class first semester this year. They talked about it and joked about the concepts and made fun of me for the different things that were in it. I went along with it, but when one of my friends said he read most of the 20+ page design document, I felt a bit of pride. He then went on and recited some of the things that I had wrote down and made up for the game. They were talking about _MY_ game. It all hit me at once and I felt an enormous amount of pride in the fact that there were people actually talking about it, even if they weren't all that serious.
The problem with home is that the only person I have to talk games with is my brother, and he is gone for the entire summer. There is no one here that even remotely understands the things I talk about when it comes to games and I have to realize that and change what I say when talking to them. Refering to a certain game is out of the question unless its Zelda or Halo, two games I rarely cite. I've tried to just steer the conversations away from games for now, but I just don't really have interest in Olympic swimmers, Chemical Engineering, or Material science, which are the other topics that are normally discussed.
The internal struggle that we all have every day has been affecting me more and more. I'm finding it hard to do anything but have a blank expression all the time. There is little that excites me from the hours of 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. I find that the only times that I am actually calm and relaxed are when I am playing games and allowing my brain to actually do some sort of coherent thinking. I just keep telling myself, only 9 weeks left, then I can start to hopefully enjoy my awake time a little bit more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment